Lauren is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan, a graduate of the Globe Theatre Conservatory, and a producer of indie Thigh High Theatre. She is also a musician, playwright and emerging director. Lauren has seen success both on stage and off as an actress and theatre creator.
Until recently Lauren's primary focus has been on acting and producing but these days she finds herself sharpening her skills in other areas of the theatre arts. Lauren directed her first major project in the spring of 2015 after spearheading the creation of the collaborative project Our Four Walls (SATA nomination for Outstanding Original Script), a joint production between Thigh High Theatre and MuD Collective. Lauren has found a new passion in playwriting and is currently developing more than seven new pieces.
Outside of theatre, Lauren is a podcast enthusiast, an avid musician, a devout consumer of Mexican food, a bourbon fanatic, she never shies away from some good shenanigans and she is very keen on adventures.
View LAUREN'S RESUME here.
THE SISTERS FOX, 2017
- "two excellent performances by its stars." (Stephanie McKay, Saskatoon Starphoenix)
- "Holfeuer’s transformation into a stodgy, male sceptic is quite hilarious." (Stephanie McKay, Saskatoon Starphoenix)
- "There are no poor players in the cast. Lauren Holfeuer is a standout as Imogen, her emotions believable and wide-ranging and her poise impressive." (Cam Fuller, Saskatoon Starphoenix)
SALT-WATER MOON, 2014:
- "The chemistry between Holfeuer and Ramsden is excellent and they do a great job of portraying the complex characters. Their performances are especially commendable, given the challenges of 1920's Newfoundland dialect and the sheer volume of dialogue." (Joe Couture, Regina Leader Post)
- "Holfeuer turns in an outstanding performance in the title role." (Joff Schmidt, CBC Manitoba)
- "The two are impressive musicians exhibiting a mastery of a large number of instruments and switching characters (and sexes) seamlessly -- sometimes in the middle of a speech. Using multi-track techniques, Howe's guitar often takes on the power of a large orchestra. Holfeuer has a lovely, pure voice and makes for a feisty heroine." (Edmonton Sun, 2013)
- "What is most admirable about Matchstick is that Howe and Holfeuer are fearless in veering to the theatrical fringe and isn’t that the reason we have a fringe festival in the first place." (Kevin Prokosh, Winnipeg Free Press)
- "Holfeuer is masterful at depicting Matchstick's vulnerability combined with a determination to find a happy ending." (Trish Chang, Apt. 613)
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, 2013:
- "Lauren Holfeuer, starring as Elizabeth Bennet, is wonderful in the role." (Joe Couture, Leader-Post)
FIVE WOMEN WEARING THE SAME DRESS, 2011:
- "Lauren Holfeuer's wounded turn as Georgeanne, the bride's (ugly duckling) sidekick, is instantly sympathetic. Equal parts pitiful and entertaining, Holfeuer makes you root for Georgeanne despite her many flaws. The only problem with her casting is the fact Holfeuer is obviously no ugly duckling." (Stephanie McKay, Saskatoon Starphoenix)